Pages

5.07.2012

FILM CLUB: M*A*S*H (1970)

Hi.

Two things.

1. This post is two weeks late. I know. Just pretend like it's not and *TRUST* that there will be a mini review posted every Monday morning by 6 a.m. [Check out the film club page for the film of the week/film on deck so that you may indulge in this film fest that is so much fun you can't even wait to be a part of it. And/or follow me on Twitter for updates on what films we're watching. "We" being me, my Dad, my sisters, all the ridiculously awesome members in the club currently, YOU, and all the friends you plan on inviting to this wild party. #therewillbepopcorn #andcandy]

2. Let's talk about this week's film: M*A*S*H.

Ummm.. did I miss something? Because I'm pretty sure I tried really hard to watch this movie and it was BOR-INGGG. I could not get into it, I tried so hard. I really did. I tried so hard that it made me sleepy and I fell asleep half-way through. 

Ha. I will admit, there were a couple of moments of dry humor that tickled my fancy. Such as the part where they put that blonde crazy general lady and her lover on blast throughout the whole camp base. Andd the part when she went ballistic in the other general's tent about resigning, and he just kind of shrugged his shoulders like whatever and topped off his boo's wine as she stormed off. But other than that... um. I did not care about any of the characters. OR what was going to happen next. What gives, AFI? And really... an entire TV series to follow? I'm confused.

Members: did you watch this movie? Were you bored too? Readers in general: have you seen this film?  Please tell me things got better or that I need to give it a second chance and I will maybe consider it with the additional pleading of a future hot boyfriend of mine to give it another "go" because it really is "sooo great." Otherwise, I'm crossing this one off the list for good and never looking back. 

Personally, I struggle to get into any film that has anything to do with war or the navy or the army or any of those genres. It's kind of the same thing with Westerns. Can't get into them. They're always just so damn slow. Did you guys see True Grit? Good God. So boring. And I'm a huge Jeff Bridges fan. I don't know. 

Kind of bummed that this one didn't stoke me out the same way Sierra Madre did a couple weeks ago, but eh. I'm looking forward to watching Jack lose his shit this week with One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. I've actually already seen it, but I think I was like 12 when I did, which doesn't really count. I HOPE YOU ALL WILL JOIN ME!

PS That one dude had a rad stache (he's in the photo above). I was digging that at least. 

PSS It reminded me of my latest ex. Not sure I was digging that.

PSS Donald was way young. Whoah. Took me a few to recognize him. 

PSSS This is the last PS, I promise. Just wanted to say that if you do have any thoughts to share, please do in the form of a comment. If you've written up your own mini review, include the link in your comment. I have decided to eliminate the linking up-ness and will bring it back as this club grows and there are more participants :)

Happy Monday and in other news... I have some huge posts coming this week :) Can't wait to share. And have, I told you all lately that I love you?

I love you.

3 comments:

  1. I wrote a little review about this one. http://danceanthak.blogspot.com/2012/05/mash.html

    It definitely isn't a film for everyone! It doesn't have much of a plot which some people aren't about.
    Excited for this weeks movie. I just watched this a few weeks ago so I'll be ready :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my. my dad is OBSESSED with this show, so i basically grew up watiching it. i love it. but agree its not for everyone. i find it hilarious:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wrote about it too. http://lifefeelsgoodinpbeach.blogspot.fr/2012/04/punkys-afi-film-club-mash.html

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! I read each and every one of them and try to deliver a response to as many as I can! Unless there's a discussion going, I will usually reach back to you via e-mail. Thank you for your willingness to speak and share your thoughts :) You is dope.