Pages

2.26.2012

WG.

Lovecats! Welcome to WEEKLY GOODS.

What is weekly goods? Well, I think it's pretty self-explanatory. But, just in case, it's my own weekly collection of favored findings via the CYBERSPACE.

Here's what I have bookmarked this past week....

A couple of really awesome inspiring vids. My friend Ryan sent these to me several weeks ago actually, and I have been obsessed with forcing every person in the same perimeter as me and a computer to watch them. More so the first one, than the second one. The first one, titled "Oh, the Places You'll Go" is incredible. One of the most beautiful things I've ever seen. See for yourself! I must have watched it more than a dozen times by now. Oddly enough, I know a handful of people in it as well...including one of the dudes that produced the whole thing. Small world. (Thanks Ryan, for sharing.)






Also this week, THIS POST. I connected with the author and her blog this week via the Facebook Blogstar Group. And wow, she has such a great voice. This post really touched me. Some words that especially stood out:

"We as adults don’t get to choose which impressions impact a child the most. If we did, they’d remember the blow-out trip to Disney more readily than they do being yelled at in the morning because they didn’t brush their teeth. I’m no psychologist, but I believe that it’s the ‘little’ things that create the soundtrack of a child’s life. How we interact with them in the everyday, rather than the special occasion, that shows how we love."

It reads better in context, but that specific collection of words really had me snapping my fingers when I came to it. However heartbreaking this post is, Miss Allen shares some very raw and vulnerable feelings about the importance of father-daughter relationships. And parenting in general. Strong stuff. Please do click onto the link and read the whole post! (Lisa, I'm so glad we exchanged comments today!)

Sister and I are about to turn on The Artist. Yeah, it's 1 a.m., I'm aware of it, but it's called CRAMMING for the Oscars last minute. With that being said, Bye. More Weekly Goods to come next week. ex oh!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day! I read each and every one of them and try to deliver a response to as many as I can! Unless there's a discussion going, I will usually reach back to you via e-mail. Thank you for your willingness to speak and share your thoughts :) You is dope.